Friday, July 24, 2009

Theater Break

Earlier this month I went back in time and wrote for a newspaper in New Jersey where I spent about a half-decade in the 1990s. The paper is the Independent Press, a good local newspaper with five editions (or at least we had five editions during my tenure).
This time around I got to do something I loved back in the 1990s and still do: reviewing a play. The only thing that is more fun is giving a good review to a play that deserves one. That was the case here with the latest production of the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. This theatrical troupe is one of the great gifts of our metropolitan area.
Below please find my review. Consider a jaunt to Madison, N.J. It's worth it. Next on the agenda at the Shakespeare Theatre: the oh-so-fabulous Harriett Harris stars in "Noises Off."

http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2009/07/summertime_school_succeeds_mol.html

No comments:

Post a Comment